Shotover House
Later Owners

On the death of General James Tyrell in 1742 the estate was made over to a son of Augustus Schutz, the latter having accompanied William III when he came to England. His descendant Thomas Schutz died in 1839 leaving the estate to his cousin George Vandeput Drury. After Drury’s death a Mrs. Ann Earle occupied the house until the estate was purchased in 1871 by Col. James Miller.

Many members of the Miller family have had military careers as the plaques in the nearly St. Nicholas Church at Forest Hill, near to those of the Tyrrell and Schutz families, testify. One of the plaques was designed by Lutyens.

Of recent owners Sir John Miller, G.V.C.O., D.S.O., M.C., former Crown Equerry to the Queen, responsible for her 30 horses, 70 carriages and 20 cars, lived at Shotover House until his death in 2006. He was a distinguished member of the Welsh Guards as was his late brother-in-law Brigadier Sir Alexander Stanier, whose grandson (also Alexander) and young family now take over at Shotover.
 
Nike Jee Ltd - Computer, Network & Internet Services